About the Role
Touch Independent Medical Education (tIME) are looking for a Commissioning Editor to work closely with the Editorial Directors (Content and Delivery) and Managing Editors to identify key themes and topics and commission content for publication across all Touch Medical Media therapy areas. You will engage with leading global experts to develop content in both written and video formats.
- Research therapy area trends and drug-industry pipelines.
- Target the appropriate level of author to commission journal articles in-line with the research trends, focusing on unmet needs around upcoming and recent drug approvals.
- Take responsibility for following-up with submitting authors and making sure that content does not drop off schedule with no explanation.
- Support the editorial team on Editorial Board development, including researching and inviting appropriate leading experts to participate.
- Work closely with the current editorial board members and Editors-in-Chief where required.
- Commission video content with leading experts at the major medical meetings, both onsite and virtually.
- Review and sign off video content following production and ensure timely publication on the website.
- Ensure major publishing guidelines (GPP-3, ICMJE, COPE) are adhered to at all times.
- Provide support and collect information relating to proposals and projects from the touchIME and TMC teams.
- Any other duties as required by manager
Experience and Skills
- Scientific background with understanding of the pharmaceutical industry. 2+ years
- 1+ years’ experience within medical communications or publishing.
- Good understanding of publication practices (GPP-3, ICMJE, COPE)
- Experience of building relationships with leading experts in medicine.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Proven organisational and planning abilities.
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to travel within the UK and Europe with potential travel to the US
- Open door policy – Chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (upon successful completion of probationary period).
- Additional annual leave.
- Committee/Support Groups.
- Flexi hours
- Career progression opportunities
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Working from home allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular bonus reviews
- Compassionate leave
- Death in service
- Generous pension scheme
- Fully remote working