We are looking for a Medical Director to join our Independent Medical Education team
About The Role
Our Medical Directors are responsible for the editorial development of new business proposals and educational materials for independent medical education and medical communication activities. Members of our Medical & Editorial team enjoy a high degree of autonomy in their work, and as a core member of the team, you will be responsible for the editorial development of new business proposals and educational materials produced in both traditional (e.g. slide decks, meeting materials, supplements) and digital (e.g. websites, webinars, video, infographic) formats. You will employ your own subject matter knowledge and experience in leading complex educational activities from a scientific writing perspective.
- Effectively lead the delivery of assigned activities, including taking responsibility for the development process, review, approval and adherence to timelines.
- Ensure that all materials are of high quality, scientifically accurate, appropriate to the target audience, meet the educational objectives of the activity and conforms to industry guidelines.
- Serve as the lead scientific contact for your clinical experts (and pharmaceutical supporters), building key relationships and contributing to the identification of new educational activities.
- Provide editorial support and guidance along with strategic input to supporter accounts, actively seeking to add value.
- Proactively manage workload and assist with forecasting resource requirements (including freelancers).
- Maintain knowledge in relevant therapy areas, industry guidelines and best practices.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of new business proposals, attending pitches as required to secure new business and grow existing accounts.
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Life science degree essential, higher degree (PhD) preferred.
- Appropriate industry experience, ideally in an agency environment.
- Scientific knowledge in our eight key therapy areas: oncology, neurology, endocrinology, ophthalmology, respiratory, immunology, infectious diseases and cardiology.
- Experience of a broad range of medical education activities across the full range of media.
- Ability to pick up on new therapy areas quickly and to work independently across multiple activities.
- Excellent scientific writing style.
- On-site and supporter facing experience essential.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Proven organisational and planning abilities.
- Experience in briefing and managing the workload of freelancer medical writers.
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Previous line management and/or mentoring experience preferred.
- Open door policy – Chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (upon successful completion of probationary period).
- Additional annual leave.
- Committee/Support Groups.
- Flexi hours
- Career progression opportunities
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Working from home allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular bonus reviews
- Compassionate leave
- Death in service
- Generous pension scheme
- Fully remote working