About the Role
Touch Independent Medical Education (tIME) are looking for an experienced medical education professional to join their dynamic and innovative team as a Medical Director. As a core member of the team, the Medical Director will be responsible for the scientific content of education grant requests and a variety of materials for independent education activities. This includes both traditional (e.g. slide decks, meeting materials) and digital (e.g. websites, video, infographic) formats. The Medical Director will employ their own subject matter knowledge and experience in leading complex educational activities from a scientific perspective. Working closely with their medical writers, education directors, project managers, editors and clinical experts, the Medical Director will ensure all materials are developed to the highest scientific quality and meet key learning objectives that address unmet educational needs.
- Effectively lead the delivery of assigned activities, including taking responsibility for the development process, review, approval and adherence to timelines, in close collaboration with our medical writers.
- Ensure that all materials are of high quality, scientifically accurate, appropriate to the target audience, meet the educational objectives of the activity and conform to industry guidelines.
- Serve as the lead scientific contact for your clinical experts, building key relationships and contributing to the identification of new educational activities.
- Provide editorial support and guidance along with strategic input to supporter accounts, actively seeking to add value and working closely with the medical writers and project management team to ensure activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintain knowledge in relevant therapy areas, industry guidelines and best practices.
- Provide excellent scientific and strategic input during interactions with clinical experts/supporters.
- Line manage up to three medical writers.
- Proactively manage workload and assist with forecasting resource requirements (including freelancers) to adequately service educational activities.
- Represent the company at key events and meetings with clinical experts/supporters.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of education grant requests, attending supporter meetings when needed.
- Provide inspiration, share best practice and actively encourage team members to be more creative and innovative in their approach.
Experience and Skills:
- Life science degree essential, higher degree (PhD) preferred.
- Appropriate industry experience, ideally in an agency environment, with at least 1 year of experience at a director/team lead level.
- Current/recent line management responsibilities.
- Scientific knowledge in at least four of our key therapy areas: oncology, haematology, neurology, endocrinology, ophthalmology, respiratory, cardiology, immunology and infectious diseases.
- Experience delivering scientific content in a variety of formats, including video and PowerPoint.
- Ability to pick up on new therapy areas quickly and to work independently across multiple activities.
- Excellent scientific writing style.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- On-site and supporter facing experience.
- Experience in briefing and reviewing the work of medical writers.
- Good team player.
- Proven organisational and planning abilities.
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
Why work for Touch?
Touch Medical Media is a certified Great Place to Work and is also named one of the Best Workplaces for Women and Best Workplaces for Wellbeing. Well known for its unique culture Touch offer:
- Fully remote working with a working from home allowance, regular tea breaks and fun company events.
- Open door policy – chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Opportunity for flexible working hours.
- Enhanced annual leave in addition to service days, your birthday off and the Touch bank holiday.
- Mental health support, wellbeing check-ins and support groups.
- Employee Assistance Programme for FREE confidential advice available 24/7.
- Bonus scheme.
- Training and development opportunities which are reviewed regularly.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Private healthcare for you and your family – which also includes but isn’t limited to, discounts off spas and stays, food and drink, active gear and gym memberships.
- Equipment buy back scheme.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Compassionate leave.
- Death in service.
If you would like to work for tIME but feel this isn’t the right role for you, send us a message to discuss other roles we may have coming up soon.