As an editor for touchIME, your role will focus on quality control and fact checking across the touchIME product suite. Working closely with the editorial director, you will employ your own subject matter knowledge, editing skills and organizational skills to ensure that touchIME learning activities are produced quickly and to high standard. You will also work with the medical directors, medical writers and project managers to assist in the smooth running of project workflow and delivery. Full time or part time (part time subject to minimum 25 hours/week).
Touch Medical Media develops practice-changing educational resources that have a positive impact on knowledge transfer and healthcare professional (HCP) competency and performance, with the objective of improving patient outcomes.
These resources are delivered in multiple formats and can be accessed via multiple platforms, allowing busy HCPs to enhance their knowledge and skills at a time and in a place that suits them. Members of our scientific services team enjoy a high degree of autonomy in their work. With this responsibility comes opportunities to form key working relationships with colleagues in the education management, creative and digital teams, as well as develop collaborative partnerships with internationally renowned clinical experts.
As an editor for touchIME, your role will focus on quality control and fact checking across the touchIME product suite. Working closely with the editorial director, you will employ your own subject matter knowledge, editing skills and organizational skills to ensure that touchIME learning activities are produced quickly and to high standard. You will also work with the medical directors, medical writers and project managers to assist in the smooth running of project workflow and delivery.
You will love this role if you:
- Are passionate about producing educational content that will make a real difference to clinical practice and patient outcomes
- Enjoy using your skills to identify errors in an environment where clarity and accuracy are key
- Want to collaborate as part of a team to create accurate and engaging content
You will be a success if you:
- Have a keen eye for detail and can produce content to a consistently high standard
- Are methodical and meticulous in your approach to editing and fact checking
- Are able to engage effectively with team members from different disciplines to work collaboratively on projects
- Support the editorial director in the delivery of clear and accurate touchIME learning activities
- Apply the touchIME house style to all touchIME materials to ensure consistency across the touchIME product suite
- Use your subject matter knowledge and editorial skills to check deliverables for mistakes and inaccuracies, and suggest corrections or improvements where required
- Provide editorial support across a range of content, including slide decks, website copy, translations and other supporting materials
- Communicate with the wider medical and editorial team to assist in coordinating editorial workflow
- Monitor multiple project timelines and ensure any changes or delays are clearly recorded and communicated to key team members
- Liaise with freelancers when additional support is required
- Occasional international travel to conferences to provide onsite editorial support
- Life sciences degree essential
- At least 2 years’ experience in medical editing
- Experience in medical education or medical communications preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly engage in new therapy areas quickly and to work independently across multiple activities
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Good team player
- Proven organizational and planning abilities
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills
- Open door policy – Chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (upon successful completion of probationary period).
- Additional annual leave.
- Committee/Support Groups.
- Flexi hours
- Career progression opportunities
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Working from home allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular bonus reviews
- Compassionate leave
- Death in service
- Generous pension scheme
- Fully remote working