About the Role
Touch Independent Medical Education (tIME) are looking for a proactive and passionate Senior Editor. your role will focus on quality control and fact checking across the touchIME product suite, assisting with workflow management, and line management. Working closely with the editorial team, you will employ your own subject matter knowledge, editing skills and organizational skills to ensure that touchIME learning activities are produced quickly and to high standard.
You will love this role if you
- Are passionate about producing educational content that will make a real difference to clinical practice and patient outcomes
- Enjoy using your skills to identify errors in an environment where clarity and accuracy are key
- Are methodical and meticulous in your approach to editing and fact checking
- Enjoy engaging with team members from different disciplines to work collaboratively on projects
- Provide editorial support across a range of content, including slide decks, website copy, translations, and other supporting materials
- Apply subject matter knowledge and impeccable English language skills to copyedit content to a high standard
- Perform meticulous data checks to ensure there are no mistakes and that all data are presented accurately and discussed in context
- Apply the touchIME house style to all touchIME materials to ensure consistency across the touchIME product suite
- Communicate with the wider medical and editorial team to assist in coordinating editorial workflow
- Monitor multiple project timelines and ensure any changes or delays are clearly recorded and communicated to key team members
- Manage your editorial line support to provide guidance and support, develop their skills, assist with their training requirements and problem solve
- Liaise with freelancers when additional support is required
Experience and Skills
- Life sciences degree essential
- At least 5 years’ editorial experience in medical education, medical communications or medical publishing essential
- Line management experience preferred
- Broad therapy area knowledge in healthcare sciences
- Data/fact checking experience essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to notice when wording could be improved, and the skill to rewrite it
- Ability to quickly engage in new therapy areas and work independently across multiple activities
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Workflow management experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Suite preferred
- Ability to work closely with other team members on the same project
- Open door policy – Chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (upon successful completion of probationary period).
- Additional annual leave.
- Committee/Support Groups.
- Flexi hours
- Career progression opportunities
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Working from home allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular bonus reviews
- Compassionate leave
- Death in service
- Generous pension scheme
- Fully remote working