Senior Medical Writer/Principal Medical Writer
About the Role
Touch Independent Medical Education (tIME) are looking for an experienced medical education professional to join their dynamic and innovative team as a Senior Medical Writer or Principal Medical Writer. As a core member of the team and under the guidance of a Medical Director or Editorial Team Lead, the Senior Medical Writer or Principal Medical Writer will be responsible for the editorial development of new business proposals and educational materials produced in both traditional (e.g. slide decks, meeting materials, supplements) and digital (e.g. websites, webinars, video, infographic) formats. The Senior Medical Writer or Principal Medical Writer will use their experience and carry out research to develop the subject matter knowledge needed for their scientific writing. Working closely with our Medical Directors, Education Directors/Managers and clinical experts, their will ensure all their materials are written to the highest scientific quality and meet key learning objectives that address unmet educational needs.
You will love this role if you
- Want to work closely with the world’s most recognized clinical experts to develop and deliver high-impact HCP education that will make a real difference to clinical practice and patient outcomes.
- Are a proactive and motivated individual looking for a dynamic role in a growing medical educational and communications environment.
- Are keen to take the lead on educational activities in different therapy areas, which involve a broad range of innovative deliverables.
You will be a success if you
- Consistently deliver scientifically accurate work of high quality, which meets key educational objectives that were identified in partnership with an expert faculty.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clinical experts and actively identify new opportunities for developing medical education that continue to address unmet needs for HCPs.
- Show a proactive and flexible approach to your work, regularly supporting the team with both new business development and activity delivery.
- Work in collaboration with a Medical Director to deliver assigned activities, taking responsibility for the development of content and adherence to timelines.
- Ensure that your work is of high quality, scientifically accurate, appropriate to the target audience, meets the educational objectives of the activity and conforms to industry guidelines.
- Support the Medical Directors, and when required take the lead, in building key relationships with clinical experts (and pharmaceutical supporters).
- Work closely with the project management team to ensure activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide editorial support and guidance along with strategic input to supporter accounts, actively seeking to add value and working closely with the education management team to ensure activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Proactively manage workload and assist with forecasting resource requirements to adequately service educational activities.
- Maintain and develop knowledge in relevant therapy areas, industry guidelines and best practices.
- Provide excellent scientific and strategic input during interactions with clinical experts/supporters.
- Represent the company at key events and meetings with clinical experts/supporters.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of new business proposals, attending pitches as required to secure new business and grow existing accounts.
- Communicate effectively with the Medical and Editorial teams and management and share ideas to improve efficiency or quality to achieve team goals.
Experience and Skills:
- Life science degree essential, higher degree (PhD) preferred.
- A Senior Medical Writer must have a minimum of 3 years industry experience, ideally in an agency environment, and a Principal Medical Writer 5 years.
- Experience of a broad range of medical education activities across the full range of media.
- Ability to pick up on new therapy areas quickly and to work independently across multiple activities.
- Excellent scientific writing style.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Proven organisational and planning abilities.
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Previous line management and/or mentoring experience preferred.
Why work for Touch?
Touch Medical Media is a certified Great Place to Work and is also named one of the Best Workplaces for Women and Best Workplaces for Wellbeing. Well known for its unique culture Touch offer:
- Fully remote working with a working from home allowance, regular tea breaks and fun company events.
- Open door policy – chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Opportunity for flexible working hours.
- Enhanced annual leave in addition to service days, your birthday off and the Touch bank holiday.
- Mental health support, wellbeing check-ins and support groups.
- Employee Assistance Programme for FREE confidential advice available 24/7.
- Bonus scheme.
- Training and development opportunities which are reviewed regularly.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Private healthcare for you and your family – which also includes but isn’t limited to, discounts off spas and stays, food and drink, active gear and gym memberships.
- Equipment buy back scheme.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Compassionate leave.
- Death in service.
If you would like to work for tIME but feel this isn’t the right role for you, send us a message to discuss other roles we may have coming up soon.