Senior Medical Writer
About the Role
Touch Independent Medical Education (tIME) are looking for an experienced medical education professional to join our dynamic and innovative team as a Senior Medical Writer. As a core member of the team and under the guidance of a Medical Director or Editorial Team Lead, you will be responsible for the editorial development of new business proposals and educational materials produced in both traditional (e.g. slide decks, meeting materials, supplements) and digital (e.g. websites, webinars, video, infographic) formats. You will use your experience and carry out research to develop the subject matter knowledge needed for your scientific writing. Working closely with our Medical Directors, Education Directors/Managers and clinical experts, you will ensure all your materials are written to the highest scientific quality and meet key learning objectives that address unmet educational needs.
- Work in collaboration with a Medical Director to deliver assigned activities, taking responsibility for the development of content and adherence to timelines.
- Ensure that your work is of high quality, scientifically accurate, appropriate to the target audience, meets the educational objectives of the activity and conforms to industry guidelines.
- Support the Medical Directors, and when required take the lead, in building key relationships with clinical experts (and pharmaceutical supporters).
- Work closely with the project management team to ensure activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide editorial support and guidance along with strategic input to supporter accounts, actively seeking to add value and working closely with the education management team to ensure activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Proactively manage workload and assist with forecasting resource requirements to adequately service educational activities.
- Maintain and develop knowledge in relevant therapy areas, industry guidelines and best practices.
- Provide excellent scientific and strategic input during interactions with clinical experts/supporters.
- Represent the company at key events and meetings with clinical experts/supporters.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of new business proposals, attending pitches as required to secure new business and grow existing accounts.
- Communicate effectively with the Medical and Editorial teams and management and share ideas to improve efficiency or quality to achieve team goals.
Experience and Skills:
- Life science degree essential, higher degree (PhD) preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience, ideally in an agency environment.
- Experience of a broad range of medical education activities across the full range of media.
- Ability to pick up on new therapy areas quickly and to work independently across multiple activities.
- Excellent scientific writing style.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Proven organisational and planning abilities.
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Open door policy – Chat to anyone in the business at any time, including the Senior Management Team.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (upon successful completion of probationary period).
- Bonus scheme
- Additional annual leave.
- Committee/Support Groups.
- Flexi hours
- Career progression opportunities
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and fertility packages.
- Working from home allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Compassionate leave
- Death in service
- Generous pension scheme
- Fully remote working